Flytouch/wowPad 2 Adhoc hack

So i got my sweet ass Flytouch 2 “Android 2.1” last week, after rooting it and updating the firmware i was off having all kinds of fun with my new toy. Then i tried to connect to a Adhoc network “my phone” and was a bit taken back that not only could i not connect to adhoc networks but i couldn’t even see them in my network list. After some time on google and breaking of my wireless i found the right set up to get it working, but it wasn’t very user friendly to say the lest. So i put together a few scripts i/you/someone can use to turn adhoc support on and off with ease πŸ™‚

DOWNLOAD
QR code
After you download to your sdcard and unzip this go into the adhoc folder and edit the wpaon.conf file to point to your AP. Then turn your wifi off get into a term with root access, cd to the adhoc dir and run ahon like so “sh ahon” Then just turn your wifi back on and it should connect right up with the AP you put in wpaon.conf. In order for this to work you must have already rooted your device and have busybox installed.

Stuff i still need to do on this is getting flash to work and upgrading to android 2.2/2.3. If anyone can help me out please drop me a line. Ok thats it enjoy.

Contents of zip:
ahon #The script to turn Adhoc on
ahoff #The script to turn Adhoc off
wpaon.conf #The file you have to edit to point to your Adhoc AP
wpaoff.conf #File used by ahoff, just leave this guy alone
wpabackup #This script will back up your current wpa_supplicant.conf file, run this before using any other tool for the first time.

This entry was posted in android, flytouch, hacking, mobile, software. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Flytouch/wowPad 2 Adhoc hack

1. Pierre says:

Hi Angel,
    I used your adhoc script.
    Adhoc network was found but connection failed!
    I guess it is because I use a wep password, and I am not asked to type it in while starting connection!
    Any ideas?
    My adhoc hotspot requires the wep password!
    Thanks
    Pierre

• AnarchyAngel says:

Hello Pierre,

No problem, to get WEP working we just need to make a few edits to the wapon.conf file and add these lines directly after mode=1 and before the } closing bracket:

auth_alg=OPEN SHARED
      wep_key0=[wep kere here]

Now just run ahon as normal and it should work πŸ™‚

2. cerf4 says:

Hello Pierre,

Sorry for my bad english !

I want to know if it’s possible tu run this script at the startup of Android. Did you manage to do this or do you have a solution ?

cerf4

• cerf4 says:

Hello Angel,

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you !

• AnarchyAngel says:

Why would you want to do such a thing? Your device should save the adhoc settings even after a reboot.

• cerf4 says:

OK I understand the problem. I think I’m connected to a network standard wi-fi that has changed my wpa_supplicant.conf file. I could not reconnect to the network ad-hoc. Can I run both types of wi-fi at the same time ?

3. Pierre says:

Hallo Angel,
    trying but not connecting!
    do we miss perhaps something like:
    wep_tx_keyidx=3
    I tryed also wep_key1=
    no result
    Yours
    Pierre

• AnarchyAngel says:

shit your right i cant connect to adhoc using wep either, ill keep at it and update the site with my findings. you have any luck yet?

4. Pierre says:

Hallo Angel,
    no, no luck!
    tried this and that, but always no connection!
    Yours
    Pierre

5. Red says:

I download the file but theres only one file in it called “adhoc[1]”. Am I missing a step here?

6. Red says:

Hmm, I guess it just doesn’t like my house internet. I’ve tried on here, my laptop, and still not working. Already tried clearing the cache, so I dunno what the issue is but I used my Xperia x10 phone and it got it. Thanks. I’ll try it out tomorrow, too late right now.

• AnarchyAngel says:

that is odd, your isp must be using some kind of crapy proxy that cached the download, but im happy you were able to work it out.

7. Jemir says:

dear AnarchyAngel,

will this method work on my flytouch 3 android 2.2?
    I already rooted my tablet with z4root. can u elaborate more on the steps starting from
    “wpaon.conf file to point to your AP. Then turn your wifi off get into a term with root access, cd to the adhoc dir and run ahon like so β€œsh ahon” Then just turn your wifi back on and it should connect right up with the AP you put in wpaon.conf. In order for this to work you must have already rooted your device and have busybox installed.”

thanks.

• AnarchyAngel says:

I have no idea if this will work on the FT3 or android 2.2. If you want you can send me a FT3 and i will be happy to get adhoc working on it πŸ˜€

8. Darius says:

Halp! I don’t know what to do next, I downloaded your file and Z4root for root access and superuser but I don’t know how to use it to make this work.

9. shaunniboy says:

can u give link for files or email me them shaun830@hotmail.com only one file in the zip